This Biz Opp viewed 7951 times this year | Share This Biz Opp With A Friend
Millions of people across North America and the world over, play contact sports like hockey, football, soccer and basketball. That's a lot of jersey, a lot of equipment, a lot an sweat and a lot of bacteria.
It's not surprising that bacterial infection found within sports equipment is a major cause of infectious diseases. The Centre for Disease Control and Prevention in the USA states that bacteria and infections are spread in five major ways (also known as the five C's) :
CUTS & ABRASIONS
CONTAMINATION of items and surfaces
Lack of CLEANLINESS
Padding in sports equipment for players are the ideal breeding ground for all sorts of bacteria. A strong odour is usually the result of a mixture of sweat, mucus, blood, dirt and other contaminants, all combining to create the perfect environment for bacteria, mold and fungus to live and thrive. So just what kinds of bacteria can you find in sweaty sports equipment?
- Staphylococcus Epidermis - Gloves, Elbow Pads, & Shoulder Pads
- Staphylococcus Aureus Helmet - leads to pimples, boils and complicated skin infections
- Streptococcus Veridans - Shin Guards & Elbow Pads - normally found in the mouth
- Streptococcus Faecalis - Hockey Jock / Jill - associated with stool and fecal material
- Environmental Bacteria - Picked up from water fountains
- Yeast - Normally found on skin surfaces and in the intestinal tracts
Bacteria growth is highest and hardest to reach on the inside surfaces of sports gear. In fact, the typical skate and hockey glove has 100 times the bacteria of any other piece of gear. The hand often sustains cuts and scrapes and is unprotected by a layer of clothing between the skin and the bacteria-ridden gloves. This poses a high risk of infection. Through independent lab testing, the Fresh Gear C40 has been proven to be effective in killing bacteria in these difficult situations, as shown in the chart to the right (swabs were taken on the inside of gloves, skates and chest padding).
Athletes need to be concerned about contaminated sports gear because bacteria and surface molds can easily enter the body through cuts and abrasion, leading to more sever infections. Some of these infections are long-lasting and can expand into other areas of the body. Remember the 5 ways (5 C's) for contracting infections mentioned above? Contact sports often involve crowding of people, skin contact, cuts, contamination of locker rooms and lack of cleanliness when it comes to protective gear (helmets, pads, gloves, etc).
As public awareness for sports hygiene increases, they realize that few options exist for players and teams to sanitize and protect their gear. So how do you clean sports gear that comes in all sorts of shapes and sizes? Research has proven that Ozone is tremendously effective at killing bacteria, fungus, and mold. That is why Fresh Gear's patent-pending process forces ozone deep into the dense fibers of padding and hard-to-reach places like gloves and skates.
The Fresh Gear process can take as little as 20 minutes to disinfect and deodorize your sports equipment. Most washing machine services take 48 hours to clean your gear or you have to make a special appointment with them. Ozone's remarkable disinfectant properties makes it one of the best ways to clean sports equipment. With the Fresh Gear system :
- We don't just pump ozone into a box, like other cleaning systems (and hope the ozone floats into the right places)
- The C40 directs high levels of ozone into the areas that make contact with skin, thoroughly sanitizing the gear.
- We kill up to 99.99% of bacteria in the gear, not just in a petri dish or the outside of sports gear.
- Chemical free process. No need for special oils, solvents or bleaches.
- Dry process. Right after we clean your gear it is ready to wear.
- Our service prices often cost less than half of our competitors.
When you purchase the Fresh Gear C40, you not only acquire the very latest innovation in cleaning technology, you now possess an incredible revenue generating machine! The benefits don't stop there. Our goal is to give you a head start and help make your new business a turn-key success! Here's what you can expect from your Fresh Gear Startup kit :
- Business Document Templates: Invoices, location agreements, business cards
- Sales Documents: Proposals, email templates, sales campaigns
- Marketing Documents: Signs, brochures, fliers, gift certificates, advertising campaigns, PR template
- Best Practice Documents: Hockey tournament guidelines, Athlete Award program, fund raiser programs
- Artwork: Logos, Fresh Gear photos, advertising stock photos,
- Promotional Materials (for purchase): T-shirts, golf shirts, baseball caps, etc.
- Email address: your_name @ freshgear.ca
- Web locator: Your contact info, your machine location and link to your website
Your Fresh Gear on-going support includes :
- Online training videos (operations, maintenance, best practices)
- Online resource access
- Sales & marketing consultation
- Ongoing R & D to seek out new markets
- Central contact of Fresh Gear community
- Sharing ongoing best practices, sales & marketing campaigns
- Site location consultation
- Event notification (large tournaments, race events, etc.)
- Optional Service Available: Website creation, maintenance and hosting
- Optional Service Available: Machine usage monitoring
- National Marketing & Advertising
- Search Engine Optimization (Google, Yahoo, MSN)
- Online Classifieds, Web site links , Online Ads
- Trade shows
Fresh Gear provides a much needed service that improves the quality of lives. We believe that there is tremendous potential for Fresh Gear.
Head Office Address
3393 County Rd 42, Unit 3
Toll-free : 1-866-518-2031