Starting a business State-by-State guide
Starting a business State-by-State guide is a compilation of links to essential information on how to go about starting a business in your state. You will find in the sections of each individual guide to Starting a Business for each state, the following information :
How to start a business :
- Links to the official business sections of state government, department of revenue or department of business development.
- Guides, resources and information for starting a business in the state.
- Funding and business assistance options.
Licensing, Permits and Registration
- Links to websites that provide online services for business name search and business name registration
- Specific licensing and permit requirements, registration or form downloads.
- Other information on business licensing, permits and registration.
Taxes and Workers Compensation Insurance
- Information and resources to the various tax and insurance regulations related to new and existing businesses in the state.
- Websites with online registrations OR registration form downloads (if available).
SBA Accredited Intermediary Microlenders
Please note the following excerpt from SBA.gov website on availability of microlenders : Microlenders (Intermediaries) are located in 46 of the 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. Alaska, Rhode Island, Utah and West Virginia are the only states without an Intermediary. Rhode Island is currently being serviced by South Eastern Economic Development out of Taunton, MA and a portion of West Virginia is being serviced by Washington County Council on Economic Development out of Washington, PA.
- Links to SBA accredited Microlenders that provide small business loans.
- Where there are no websites listed for that organization, a contact number is provided.
SCORE Offices - Counselors to America's Small Business
- Links to SCORE chapters accross U.S. where you can find help and guidance on how to startup and run your business from experienced expert counsellors.
- Links to useful resources and information on starting a business in that state.
Starting a Business - State by State Guide